View Single Post
Old 2012-01-15, 11:51   Link #18238
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Actually that is the one of the reason for step 3: the personality of the male and female character is too similar...

Thankfully, I just sorted it out, the male lead and female lead has different personality and it is distinct enough in their speech pattern.

Male lead is a balance between good and nasty. He is troll who find joy in trolling others and yet at the same time, he is nice enough clean up the mess which people won't want to clean.... (I might even use him more often because Troll can be fun to play with.... and he can get Out-trolled by others at time....).

He bond well with Ichika is natural because Ichika and him just kind of click, being the few guys who end up in ISA(all girls school).

While Female lead has two personality. One is a game-chick who use game-terminology and one is a war-machine.
I can introduce her to Ichika via the Male lead who knew her before entering ISA.

Problem solved. I got the first chapter in my head.... unfortunately that is just Imber trolling the reader.

Edit:
Quote:
What's wrong with a female lead? Your character doesn't have to be love struck immediately like the harem syndrome. Maybe your female oc already has a love interest outside of the academy (maybe a childhood friend)

Your character can just be curious about Ichika, and if your oc has an open/interactive personality, then there shouldn't be any issue with spawning a conversation with Ichika.

If you are still looking for points, compare and contrast the oc with Ichika, find points of similarity, use that to your advantage.
Hmm.... Good idea. But why should I restrict myself to female lead when others don't?