View Single Post
Old 2013-05-18, 23:17   Link #32332
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
While you cannot expect every person in the heterogeneous group that is "the Japanese" to conform to an idea, surely you must except that there were societal norms at the time? Like how even today medicine in Japan is much more focused on the good of the group than on autonomy (which is a huge part of medicine here).
Nobody is stupid enough to choose certain death over possible ruin, and people no not allow for the murder of their entire goddamn family for vague promises. It stretches suspension of disbelief to the breaking point to even imagine such a thing is possible, so it can only possibly make sense in Yasu's stories (where people can agree to whatever the hell she writes them to agree to).

Now, convincing them to agree to something fake that you or someone else intends to exploit for real murder, even if the fakery itself is mean-spirited or potentially criminal? I could see that. But you'd have to absolutely not be aware of a huge number of explosives and an implicit threat to detonate them while your entire family is in the blast radius. That's just... unfathomably silly.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote