View Single Post
Old 2010-08-24, 14:35   Link #1050
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
I prefer them platonically as well, it just seems sweeter and more meaningful that way. Plus, I just can't help but think C.C.'s a little too old for romance, and I can't recall ever seeing it pulled off very well as strictly romantic. It's incredibly difficult to write, I imagine.
*nods in agreement*

Quote:
But, their relationship had a lot of traditionally romantic aspects to it. They didn't have to kiss, they didn't have to have romantic-ish lines with each other, and they didn't have to be all over each other in the official art. It's very easy to put a romantic twist (if it's even that) on it, and for them to just suddenly say "Oh there was no romance between them at all" really annoys me.
You have a point there. That official statement seemed pretty random to be, too, but in the end, I decided it was to show how complex and unique their relationship was, and how it can't be compared to what she had with Mao... or something to that effect. Still, some things just don't need any "clearing up", so yeah. Though to be fair, it was always C.C. who kissed Lelouch, and it was never said that she might not have had some romantic feelings for him.

In the end, I'm just really curious why the staff did what they did there.

Quote:
Lelouch certainly had more chemistry with Suzaku than anyone else~ I swear, towards to end it was this close to being canon. If Lelouch was a girl, and people just saw the ending, they'd automatically assume they were a couple.
Ah, definetly this. xD
Though I'd prefer Suzaku as a girl. Fictional girls just don't get to stab people enough. Or maybe it's because he likes dresses so much, or because the boy being prettier than the girl is always awesome, or because turning his name into a female one would be so much easier. xD