View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 05:34   Link #595
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I think what irked me off so much was that it was a really immature yet rather hurtful thing to do even if it does fit into the given context.
From time to time, parents do not know how to explain certain things (problems) to their children, and what they do instead, is to try and hide the whole thing. They believe things will go better down the road, which will then make everything easier to explain.

Problem starts when the kids not only realize the issue, but also realize that their parents are lying to them. At this point, it is extremely easy for the the kids to become angry at their parents for not trusting them.

Of course, this is just me trying to understand this scene, and it could all be way off in the end.

EDIT:

This could also be it, me thinks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu101uk
In regards to Jinta's mum, I believe she died after Menma? In the first episode, we're shown that he ran into his dad, who said "I'm just popping out to see your mother...", after his bustup with Menma. I assume he meant he was going to see her at the hospital (though it could mean he was gonna go and visit her grave).

If so, it's perfectly understandable that he acted that way towards his mother, having experienced the death of a loved one already. In fact, it doesn't matter who died first, as the death of one would only have been compounded by the death of the other, and either way Jinta would have receded even further into trauma and depression.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-04-30 at 05:56.
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote