View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 06:18   Link #3110
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I'm not gonna talk long.

LoP,
Honestly (and don't take this as condescending), I'd go back and re-watch certain episodes of the OS. People here who are even rusty at the OS still remember certain obvious things that happened in the series. I was rusty too when watching episode one of EVOL. I hadn't watched the OS in six years. But I still found the similarity between Amata's "Solar Wing" presentation to that of Apollo's. There are a lot of significant similarities that I'm pretty sure you're missing. Not speech patterns, nor what is being said or done, but rather the artwork itself and the scenes that are played out. For one, the scene I mentioned above. Another example is Amata's flight in episode two was very similar to that of Apollo. Also, the characters personalities overall are rewritten--no, nonexistent. For one, you've said that Amata is nothing like Apollonius; well, neither is Mikono like Silvia. Her personality is complete warped. She's no longer a brass, know-it-all, stuck-up tsundere like in the OS. She's the complete opposite. Albeit, still selfless and loving even when she's the victim, but still... So, if she is Silvia, and she has none of Silvia's personality nor elemental powers or abilities, then how far of a drop would it be to think Amata might be Apollonius, given that you've said they are total opposites? Because of these changes, I find it hard to take any of your posts overall seriously enough to respond sometimes, because you're judging the character Mikono based on the fact Kagura is chasing her, not realizing she shows none of the traits of Silvia. Therefore, Kagura is being mislead, most likely, or Mikono is a descendent of someone he once knew (if he's Apollonius).

That all being said, please re-watch certain scenes of the OS carefully. Quite a few people above have already mentioned things that even I've noticed, and I hadn't re-watched it until last week. So, for six years of rusty memory, to still know exactly how Apollo retained the Solar Wings, that shows my dedication to this show. How you decide to take this is up to you. It is merely advice. And if you do decide to re-watch, please do take off the Kagura goggles, because so far, Amata outdoes him in number of similarities scene-wise to Apollo.

---

Onward,

If we're to go by this week's episode, I am betting on Zessica being Silvia. She has a lot of Silvia's personality and traits, even her abilities (or elemental power). Not to mention she has a vision of Apollonius (or Kagura and Mikono playing out the Skies of Aquaria). If she isn't Silvia, I'd be shocked. But I'm not against it if either guy is Apollonius. For one, Amata seems to view her as a little sister so far, albeit one he gets boners from, but he has no romantic feelings towards her whatsoever. On the other hand, Kagura has had no interaction with her outside of battle (to which he couldn't actually see her), and so that one might have more chances. I just worry about Kagura in this factor, given that he's all for Mikono right now. It would be very odd for him to switch fields so suddenly. But if he does, then it is likely Mikono is a descendent of someone important (like Sirius) and has a similar scent. Then again, we know nothing about Kagura's (as his self now) past.

Mikono doesn't seem to have any traits of Silvia. Her personality isn't a brass, stuck-up tsundere anymore; instead, she's the shy, well-mannered type. I almost classify her as a moe like Ranka based on her interactions with those around her. She also doesn't show any of Silvia's elemental powers. We've had at least twelve episodes to gaze at Mikono and each episode, I fall in love with her, but I realize she has nothing in common with Silvia, so that kinda disappoints me - since Amata might be Apollonius. But if he is, and she is, then we better start theorizing on whom has replaced Toma, because their personalities are way different from the OS couple; and that would mean it wouldn't be too far to say certain characters might be bad guys. Although, Fudo will always be himself. But if Amata isn't Apollonius (just say I'm wrong for a moment), then that's good, because he's got himself a lovely girlfriend (given that Mikono isn't any part of Silvia). But it makes me wonder that if she isn't a part of Silvia, then why should she apologize to Kagura? My memory is hazy here but isn't there a shadow angel whom also wanted to apologize? Boy, this new series will throw one for loops.

I wouldn't be shocked if we're all trolled by this "reincarnation" crap. Considering how different the characters are, I'd say that's the only way Kawamori will surprise us, considering we've already seen the OS to know who the actual couple is. So for him to troll us by doing a "you thought Apollonius was him, think again, it's the other" wouldn't shock me.

One thing that has pissed me off is that certain people (who shall remain nameless) keep saying that Amata can't be Apollonius because his wings are on his feet. Did I miss where it was just proven that Amata is Alicia's son? Did I miss where Alicia is Apollonius and Celienne's daughter? So if Silvia and Sirius had the wings on their arms, then most likely Amata got it on his feet from his mother. It's a more convient spot too, given the OS. But that doesn't rule out that Apollonius can't be reincarnated into his own family. But he'd have wings now. However, Amata shows a very bad distraught for his wings, as shown in flashbacks. It could be theorized that besides being picked on, Amata subconsciously doesn't want his wings because of what transpired 12,000 years ago.

That being said, even though it's proven now that Amata is Alicia's son (a descendent of Apollonius and Celienne), it doesn't rule out him being Apollonius. It explains where his wings come from. It may seem a bit creepy, but it's not uncommon for the son to be the reincarnation of an ancestor. Rather, it would make sense, given that they are all tied.