View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 20:41   Link #60
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I disagree, I think if he hadn't lost Yurin he wouldn't have gone genocidal.
How do you figure? Flit was already wanting to destroy the Unknown Enemy since the start of the series because of his mother's death and the destruction of the colony they lived on. It drove every action he'd taken from then until the Gundam was built, and after all the way up until Yurin's death. If anything, Flit still would have turned out the way he did, but Yurin getting stuffed into the fridge just sped things up a bit.

Quote:
Do you guys think Asemu would have turned out the way he did had Zeheart used Romary as a tool and gotten her killed? I mean, we are shaped by our environment and past experiences quite a lot. Negative experiences will certainly affect how you view certain things and people.
There's a fundamental flaw in your comparison here; Asemu's history up until he met Romary was far different from Flit's up until he met Yurin. Asemu wouldn't have turned out exactly like he is now if Zeheart was more like his brother than anyone is comfortable with, but I doubt he would have gone off the deep-end like Flit did simply because Flit was already dangling off the edge at the very start. And even then, Asemu had been classmates and "friends" with Zeheart for more than a few chance meetings before the ruse was up. Desil was someone Flit met for a few minutes and then skipped off for a while only to come back for a few more minutes, rinse repeat.