View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 19:03   Link #1575
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
...I didn't think his reaction would be as bad as mine. I mean seriously ED, that was off the topic "YOU SUCK!" kind of reaction. I absolutely agree though.

...The Divine Comedy was written by Dante Alighieri, who 'descended into hell to save the soul of his wife'. Yes I know, Dante, Orpheus, Izanagi. Very similar. You don't want to hear my theories

Read Gawain the Green Knight, The Epic Saga, Ulster Cycle, and the Lancelot-Holy Grail cycle. They are all worth a read. All classic (...mythology. I excel in mythology.)

... "A judgement without standards does not exist. If that is the case, who decides these standards?" Sounds like the speaker is atheistic.
...Sorry for the over-the-top reaction. Even I regretted it after I posted it. (I just wish they could have chosen someone besides Gino to reuse in this manga, as he isn't high on my list of favorites. Except for the Tristan Divider, which I agree was awesome.)

...Anyway, I've finished the translation of the Character descriptions, though I really hope that a better translator will do these in the near future; I'm not exactly satisfied with how I did it, but it's the best I could come up with. Hopefully it doesn't ruin your expectations TOO much.

Quote:
登場人物
The Characters

連夜
主人公。 剣術、学問、馬とまるで駄目だが実戦には強い。 特大のクナイをブーメランのように投げるのが得 意
Renya
Main character. Sucks when it comes to sword-fighting, studying, and horses, but is strong in actual combat. Throwing specialized kunai as boomerangs is his specialty.

カルラ
連夜の仲間。 頭が良いが教え方に問題がある (刀で取り囲んだ状態で三日三晩休み食事なし等 )
Karura
Renya’s friend/comrade. Is smart but her methods of teaching are problematic. (To surround a person with swords for three days and nights while they rest and eat and so forth.)

アンジ
連夜の仲間。 連夜を若と呼ぶ。 連夜とは子供の頃からの仲
Anji
Renya’s friend/comrade. Calls Renya a kid (Uncertain). Their friendship goes back to their childhood.

美鈴
連夜の仲間。
Misuzu (Most probable spelling, not definite. Others: Misato, Mirin, Mirei, Meirin)
Renya’s friend/comrade.

(Cannot find kanji.)
連夜の仲間。
Unknown name
Renya’s friend/comrade.

ツワブキ
連夜の仲間。
Tsuwabuki
Renya’s friend/comrade.

師範
連夜たちの師
Instructor (spelled as Shihan)
Renya’s and everyone teacher

皇一心
里を襲撃した敵の大将。 強い敵を見つけると自分の身体に傷を付けてその存在を心に残してから 倒すハードM
Emperor Isshin? (Tentative name)
Leader of the enemy which attacked Renya’s village. When he sees a strong enemy and his body gets wounded, he becomes a hard masochist which gives up his rational mind in order to defeat /kill (Uncertain).

一心の軍勢と行動を共にする伴天連(外国人)。 連夜に力を与えるが…。
Foreigners who serves as Isshin’s army, and who seeks to spread Christianity. They give Renya a certain power…

連夜の背後に浮かんだ人物。
A character that appears in Renya’s background (Uncertain, could also means he is behind the scenes or something.)

桜の爆ぜ石
爆発する
Exploding Stone of Cherry Blossoms (In other words, Sakuradite)
Explodes.
...I know, it isn't the best, but it does shed some light on a few things. First is obviously that C.C. is APPARENTLY working for the villain here and is also, get this, working for CHRISTIANITY. (I feel light-headed from the utter irony of that. Although...*imagines C.C. as a nun*...Nah, that's asking for too much.) Also, the Lelouch-lookalike remains shrouded in mystery, though we have confirmed that he has Lelouch's "fully developed" Geass and apparently is connected to Renya somehow. (I sense endless, and heated, speculation in the future...)

I guess that's it for today. Now I can only wait quietly for the raws, and then the scanlation, to come up...IS IT HERE YET?! (Sorry, couldn't resist... )
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote