Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 21:34   Link #1027
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
No, she's not. Taichi is. The club advisor specifically excluded Chihaya from consideration as club president back in the first season, and Taichi continues to be referred to as "Prez" in current episodes. Everyone, Chihaya included, is happy with this arrangement. Being President required Taichi to speak at the recruitment event, where he became the target of Sumire.
My mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So being Captain instead of President excuses her from supporting her teammates?

I think it's very likely she'd watch Arata-Shinobu too, but in a way, that would sort of invalidate all of the stuff we've seen this season about why team Karuta is so important.
My feelings exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
Re what match Chihaya will watch, remember that Taichi becoming Class A was the first of the goals Chihaya set for the Mizusawa team way back when. She's already made it clear which match she would consider more important. Besides, making that choice would be her way of telling Arata how wrong he was to prefer individual to team play. Chihaya will send a message to Arata...
I highly doubt so. Chihaya being Chihaya, her desire to improve as a karuta player will likely overwhelm whatever sense of duty she has at the key moment. It has happened before in the first season and it'll likely turn out the same way if such a toss-up occurs.

To be sure though, I agree with Bern-san. More likely than not, Taichi will simply tell Chihaya to choose as her heart dictates. By now, everyone in the team is well aware of her personality and they wouldn't really hold it against her.

But, at the same time, that is what would make me disappointed in her. It would make her selfishness that much more apparent, though I suppose all the top players in the world are "selfish" to some extent.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote