View Single Post
Old 2007-02-22, 17:00   Link #37
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
Well, I loved the SnS anime at first, but then it seemed to fall apart and stop making sense near the end. I'm trying to pick up the novel series, thinkng that maybe its similar to ZNT in that the novel is more consistent. However, I have to admit its a much more difficult text to read, and the author seems to like to flourish his text with lots of uncommon vocabulary.
Hahaha, read more Nasu Kinoko stuff, it'll get you used to heavy-handed writing with lots of unique terms in no time. ^^;

Zero no Tsukaima's anime isn't really bad overall, although novel readers like me couldn't help but feel like it's a mish-mash of individual events plucked from various timelines in the novel. There are less "random oneshot events" past vol.6 though, so if the second season will be covering vol.6+, we should see a more structured story this time.

For Shana's anime, it's more linear in some ways compared to Zero, since it followed the novel storyline relatively accurately and chronologically from vol.1 to 6. It wasn't until the final episodes did they veer off into an original story that left some novel fans wanting more. The movie won't feature any new story either (it's a remake of vol.1), but there's more than enough contents for a second season.

As for Shana's novel, I'm still keeping myself up-to-date on it (finished XIII. But I have still yet to go through XIV, which was released earlier this month). All I can remember from XIII was Shana's "how do you make babies?" thing and the NSFW illustration though.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote