View Single Post
Old 2010-01-19, 18:28   Link #21985
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
I've been thinking this for a while now, and that last scene pretty much confirmed it for me:

The phrase "What is true for one is true for the other" means much more for the Kyons and the Suzumiyas than it does for any of the other characters. For in their case, what is true for Kyon, is true for Kyonko, is true for Haruhi, is true for Haruki, is true for Kyon.

In other words, instead of just a pair, its a Square.
I believe it is one of the themes of this story. Kyon and Haruhi are, after all, very similar, despite apparing to be oposite. This is clear in the novel, specially after Vol. 4 and 9. Because of that, in the end Kyonko and Haruki also ends up being weid alternate version of Haruhi and Kyon respectively.

Btw, while I could see similarity between Kyonko and Haruhi, I've neverseen between the men. Until anime version of Endless Eight. I laught a lot bat then. It is more amusing that the scenes is the same in the novel, but Kyon was denying (he said he was definitively not yelling. ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, of all the things I would have expected anyone to understand at this point, I would not have expected this. Good job.
Really? You are repeating Kyon-chan and Haruki are meant to be silimilar to Haruhi and Kyon, respectively, since the begining. I am ashamed I haven't picked the square thing.

Quote:
Utterly wrong. There's a lot of hints towards future plotlines, especially in that last scene.

Don't stop thinking.
Ah, don't get me wrong. I meat itis impossible nitpick somethig because it is all meant to be crazy. There is no 'OOC' and no 'inconsistency' in scenes like that, so I can't 'complain'.

Quote:
Yup. I don't know how you'd type it in a browser, though.
I see. Well, I ca copy and past it to the code, so there is no problem. I was just curious.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote