Thread: Licensed Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-27, 20:30   Link #52
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_ryu
Well it seems this series is another one of J.C Staff attempt
on fanservice. Last time it was featuring Hakufu the silly one in Ikkitousen,Aoi the ideal one in Ai Yori Enishi, and Eiken Ova the disturbing one.This time is featuring mature looking woman in Daphne. And because of that it is different from normal fanservice fare which include silly situation. This series is someway along the line of Agent Aika minus the panties shot.

It is understandable why some viewers is turn off, its hard to believe those women will just wear that outfit and stripping
without reason. Normal mature people don't do that (with the exception of some community). However I think more episode should be watch before final judgement is made.

Maia, in episode 2 was shock when she was not wearing pants. So once again I don't think she will just wear that outfit she ask to without given a valid reason.Hopefully they will explain in episode 3. Perhaps something to do with the marine condition or green house effect, It is set in the future where the Ocean has become larger. I don't really think that is the case because it seems they are the only people wearing that but that is the closes I can guess at this time.

Granted last time Ikkitousen tried to be serious by including
that narration of the Three Kingdom and Nagatama but fail,
I hope this series will deliver the mood without ruining it with
fanservice or at least try to justify it which is really needed this time. It already have the background story to move it.

However I say it is very much one own decision for dropping the series. After all one can always come back when the story get better and become an instant fan after dowloading the batch torrent. I pretty much staying to the end and I hope Lunar and other fansub will too.
Lol the best I could come up with to explain the costume is that because vehicles seemed to come with underwater capabilities and with oceans all around, they might need to chase bad guys into water at any moment so their uniforms are well... swimsuits.

Either way. other than the blatant fanservice, everything else seemed to be alright. So I'll give it a few more episodes before passing final judgement on it.
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote