Thread: Licensed Heroic Age
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-03, 00:12   Link #64
DangerMouse

"The settings that is shown by the rich nature of different races from the pyschic powered humans, giant Gigantic Guyver-ish beings, struggles and battles of intergalactic beings"

This is what I expect to really get into this show for, it's been a while since I've seen epic scifi with multiple races going at it in large scale style. The Starcraft-esqueness someone else wanted to compare it to if you will

I also happen to like most of Hirai's character designs (especially in Scryed), and I agree I find them nice and sharp and much better than what a lot of people seem to fawn over, many of which to me are really generic like the slice of life shows that always get praise for character design. What I dislike is that his designs tend to be used in shows where annoyingly convenient "teen romance drama soap operas" often threaten to overpower the "real plot and drama" that I'm personally watching the shows for, which is really the writer's fault, one of the many reasons I kind of liked GS/GSD's art designs but hated the shows a lot.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote