View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 23:48   Link #186
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I would also think that it shows just how fragile the will to be good is. In a way the Templers are right in that humans need discipline, and that giving people free will can lead to grave results.
That's basically it! It's all a matter of perspective of what's "good". Good for Templars means peace through control, force, and no free will - that means no more war or conflict because everyone has a hive mind. Good for the Assassins means peace through liberty and the ability to choose - even if it means accepting humanity would always be flawed.

I feel that the Templars genuinely believed they were the good guys, doing what was necessary to keep humanity safe, willingly sacrificing freedom (though not their own) to accomplish it.

In contrast, many of Ezio's targets were simply corrupt and had actually strayed from the intended Templar path. Only Rodrigo Borgia really had any Templar goals in mind.

Now, in this, we return to Templars who genuinely believe they're doing the right thing and don't necessarily need to resort to violence to do it - but they're just as willing to as always and will suffer no impediment to their goals. The more sympathetic enemy, if you will.

So was I the only one whose jaw dropped at the end of sequence 3 it opened up a whole new preceptive for me when they reviled...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-11-05 at 00:01.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote