View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 11:55   Link #166
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
If the Vajra turned its attention to Alto running towards it would have been foolish. It was right next to the VF until it saw Ranka and went for her. He was going to escape because it attention hadn't yet turned towards him. Yes I agree we was afraid that all the more reason to run that is until he saw Ranka in danger.
Uh, the case I was making went under the situation where Ranka wasn't there. Then the Vajra would have went for Alto, and Alot attempting to escape would have done him no good. As I said, its hard to outrun anything coming at you in sub-light speed. His best at survival (again, if Ranka not being there) was to hop in that VF-25 and draw the fight out.

Quote:
Alto was using Ranka as bait!? Lets no make Alto into some kind of ass which he definitely is not. I agree that if Tom, Dick or Harry was in place of Ranka he still would have help them. That doesn't change the fact that Tom, Dick or Harry would have been a reason he did it in the end. I'm not associate ever reason he does something to her just the one she plays a part in. Not the whole reason but still a reason. You ignoring her being a reason is pointless.
Hey, Alto didn't recruit Ranka as bait. She was just there, conveniently and in a timely fashion to act as a bait while buying Alto time to hop into that VF-25. Alto simply made use of the situation. Regardless of what went on in Alto's mind, he still made use of that situation to his favor.

And I am not ignoring her, I said she was an added bonus. She was just not necessary.

Quote:
So now you give the Pilot some credit but still ignore Ranka involvement? After Ozma saved him he didn't have to worry about the military anymore. He could just have gone home and forgot this ever happened. The problem was that he couldn't bring himself to forget about it. That because of the pilot, Ranka and his want to help. You ignore the fact that the military threat was worthless once Ozma intervened.
HA! What makes you so sure that the military threat would be worthless if Alto just forgets about everything? If he had gone and forget about this ever happened, I have many reason to believe the military would deck his arse in no time. You just like to believe all is well with the world because ignorance is a bliss.

And in case you've forgotten, while SMS is a privately run military organization, it still falls under the NUNS.

Quote:
I fail to see where a person would be amused to be forced into something. He might have made the best of the situations but that doesn't mean he was ecstatic about it. He didn't seem happy to be doing the Camera shot with her, he was forced by the SMS, he didn't seem happy to be following around on the island, once again forced by SMS. He wasn't yelling at Michael that he let Sheryl on their team in his VF in Ep9 because he was happy! Yes I see how his enjoying being with her causing him to want to avoid her. We obviously watch different shows! He doesn't dig the hole its being dug for him then he's getting thrown in!
Really, if he was forced into everything, why did he voluntary took Sheryl to Folmo. Why did he voluntary return that earring to her. He could have just told her that it was lost, or simply ignored her. There were so many chances to just ignore her and let her be, but Alto doesn't function that way. So yeah, we are obviously watching different shows, you are watching one where nobody else is watching.

- Tak (And yes, Alto is a tsundere too)