View Single Post
Old 2004-05-22, 20:02   Link #58
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I don't understand, then, why the Akatsuki members are not actively monitoring Naruto. Did they simply give up because Jiraiya showed up? Or Itachi screwed up? Or they have so much faith in Naruto? Or faith in Jiraiya's guarding Naruto? I mean, no harm in popping out every now and then to see if the big bad scary Jiraiya is still watching, right? I really don't understand why they don't do a follow-up job if they find Kyuubi to be so important. Unless of course all of them are afraid of Jiraiya...ah, if only Itachi-san hadn't scared Orochimaru-sama away, they might have had a chance, but noooo...now it's hopeless...

Itachi is perhaps "overrated" since he only wiped out the Uchiha Clan; had he not taken forever to eat dinner, he could've had enough time to maybe I don't know wipe out the Hyuga Clan as well? But then again, the Hyugas will forever be considered as nothing but pushovers because they lost to one guy. ^_^;;

As for Tsukiyomi...there might probably be a loophole or something, but since no one has figured it out yet and our dear friend Orochimaru hasn't either, I'd say Itachi gets the benefit of doubt.
Well, admittedly the Akatsuki might be monitoring him covertly (hiding in the bushes) - but haven't taken him yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictional dialogue with Kisame
Jiraiya's nowhere to be seen! We should take him now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictional Itachi
Naaaah, he's on a mission to save Sasuke. He's with a team of Genin and Neji might see us with those freaky eyes. Let's try again later.
At this point, it should be mentioned that if Itachi does have a master plan for his little brother, it is possible that he wants Naruto to save Sasuke from Oro's evil tentacle-like grip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fictional Kisame
Great going, numb nuts! Now he's trapped in that earth ball and he's gonna die!
At this point, the team escapes the prison. Chouji fights, while the others pursue. Eventually Naruto is alone pursuing Kimimaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame
Let's hurry and get him now...I want some pie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi
....nah...Rock Lee is coming!
The Uchiha clan massacre - We don't know if it was an actual battle or if Itachi just surprise-shurikened everybody at once.

The anime chose to show it as an equal fight in which everyone was trying to kill each other, but
• I still doubt that the clan would have ever tried to kill Itachi - even to the very end. They would have fought to disable him without permanent injury - like if your best friend (or brother, or sister) gets really drunk and tries to start a fight with you.
• The anime didn't show the Uchiha as battle-hardened warriors - quite the opposite, in my view.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote