View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 20:47   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
OK, I watched it. Vexx is right. He doesn't make any points that haven't been made hundreds of times before and discussed here and on other sites like ANN incessantly.

Let's start with his claim that fansubs remain the big problem. In fact, while there are still groups that sub shows that are also available on streaming sites like Crunchyroll, more and more of us watch legal streams. Do you think CR could afford to license some three-quarters of all new anime series if there weren't people paying monthly subscription fees and generating advertising revenues? I suggest you compare the number of series listed on the AS main page today compared to two or three years ago. See how many fewer series are now listed? That's because most series are now licensed for simulcasting by CR, and to a lesser extent Funimation and Sentai, and thus no longer qualify as unlicensed English-language fansubbed works. .
Now you're assuming that a majority of users are on this site. The way it works for a lot of people is that they go to the other sites via google and stream or download torrent. Just type "anime" in your goggle search bar without hitting "return" and see what comes up first. Hint: It's not this site. (It's #6.) It's the site that he mentioned in his rant.

Also, Goggle is planning to downgrade those sites. But even with the downgrade, you can still easily find them. Pretty telling for all traffic they are receiving still. Alot of people apparently don't bother looking past the first page.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...emoval-notices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
One other thing you should notice if you make the comparison I suggest is that the number of fansubbing groups has sharply declined.
The decline in fansubbing groups could also be due to it being easier to rip from Crunchyroll and Funimation and posting the episode in the torrents than to sub it on their own.

And yeah, the rant said all that we've heard before. But heh, if it's repeated, maybe it will sink in.

Last edited by orion; 2012-09-03 at 21:04.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote