View Single Post
Old 2009-01-25, 04:52   Link #177
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Despite my continuing to be annoyed by Taiga, I was kept mildly interested by other things, particularly keeping hope that Ami and the president would get further development. Myself attracted to strong composed characters, I've always liked Sumire. This episode was great, with just the right amount of drama and violence. And it showed how much stronger and composed Sumire had been. She has become my favorite character, even surpassing Ami. I loved her strange confession. It was a powerful moment, a counterpoint to Taiga's idiocy. Her kendo's pretty tight too.

I also like the contrast between their loves. Taiga's is possessive, and desires to win over Yusaku, even going so far as to try and beat up the object of his affection w/out even so much as his consent to do so (which she probably wouldn't get). That will never be something to be compared to that of Kano, who considered first the reality of their very different futures and acted in the best way she knew how in order to preserve them. That is a character who has got her priorities in order. It's no wonder Yusaku fell in love with her. Heck, I'm in love with her. Hopefully, Taiga has learned a valuable lesson, and the baka post card is really code for "Thanks for helping me sort out the kind of person I ought to be for Yusaku".

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2009-01-25 at 05:14.