View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 15:01   Link #116
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I personally think that he fought in the only way he knows, rather than considering it as a mission or anything else.

He just wanted to survive in the best way he could; thinking about surviving before winning - and take it to the further end. The same starting point is also valid for Naruto, he fought using the only method he knows, but as opposed to Shika, he tried to win first, and survive after.

Shika came to senses during his first mission (acted the way Naruto would have acted, with only the method to achieve that being different) - putting mission success before survival, but, under normal conditions, that would have cost him the lives of almost all the men under his command.
I just think Kishi didn't do a good job in what he was trying to portray. The way I see it:

Shikamaru's strategy failed because he didn't take into account his chakra pool. He knew it was a done deal that he could not win so he gave up.

Naruto used force, so??? Does this mean he shouldn't have? He too used strategy that was able to beat Neji. Plus he was more determined to win. If this was a mission, Naruto was determined to complete the mission and was willing to sacrificed his life to complete it. You can't really say that he would have acted the same way if he had a team. I mean with the Zabuza fight, he could have ran off because the situation didn't look good. If that was Shikamaru, I doubt he would have stayed there if you are comparing this to what he did in the chuunin exam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
One can't just fart whenever one wants, you know.
Lets see about that!
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote