View Single Post
Old 2012-07-29, 09:01   Link #617
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
How exactly is healing OP? It heals a tiny amount. It's even less OP in ALO where healing magic is common. And, well, they do have katana skills in ALO. Even Lyfa uses one. So clearly they didn't just delete all the rare skills. How exactly are rare skills suspicious anyway? Skill trees are a staple of gaming.

Also, this isn't the only place they mention it, it's just the first one I found. I find your skepticism kind of disturbing honestly. Why do you want so hard to believe that there aren't 10 Unique skills?
Someone has to be the skeptic, right? I haven't read every volume/ch yet so that is mostly why I ask. I haven't read Caliber so that above quote was interesting to me and I plan on reading it today, hopefully it gleams more info on the unique skill system.

Battle healing aka auto-HPregen is mostly OP because it removes any need for Kirito to buy non-instant regenerative potions (which also saves him a little money as well), massively boosts his effective HP, and gives even "squishy" DPS like Kirito a massive buff to prolonged grinding. Rare skills are only suspicious because per the quote from Caliber, the requirements to unlock them are not given/vague at best. Also, in the Black Swordsman when Kirito says he heals 600 every 10 seconds from Battle Healing although we aren't aware of what his BH skill is. That was ~8 months before the game was cleared, and we do know what skill level his Battle Healing was at when it was cleared: 944. Source is ME2.

edit: About your edit, watch the anime again and you see he heals in ticks of what appears to be 5-10s, although we aren't sure exactly it can be assumed that it isn't every second. It might be a joke in WoW since some skills are normally guaranteed to hit with high enough hit rating (not counting certain cooldowns/skills) and isn't based on players having full manipulation of their character and thus is overall a poor analogy. If you were someone like Kirito who could dodge/parry 95%+ attacks in WoW something like troll regen would be quite good to heal up what little damage you do take. Luckily for Kirito there isn't +hit rating and dodge is based on personal skill and not a diminishing return system..

Last edited by styr; 2012-07-29 at 09:12.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote