View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 21:24   Link #319
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
I leave for a day, and... ._."
Just be glad I didn't share any of my thoughts about Kurrent/Aqua Current. Squickiest by FAR.

Quote:
Interesting, you considered both sides of a complex.
I like to be thorough.

I failed to account for the idea of an older sister with a brother-complex, though. That is, a big sister obsessed with protecting and/or monopolizing her cute little brother.

But that's not much different from a protection-oriented brother with a sister-complex.

Quote:
Shino is mainly interested in just being with her brother forever; it's more of Sora/Haru relationship (minus the 16.5) than a Kirino/Kyousuke relationship.
These examples mean nothing to me.

Quote:
Since all her trauma stems from her near-NTR
...I don't understand, and I'm not sure I want to understand.

Quote:
Eg. Turquoise Protector has strong shields, but the armour on his body is super weak; his wish is to protect his sister, not himself.
Unless he actively wants to injure and hurt himself, I don't see why his personal armor should be bad. Being personally tough means he can endure longer and keep protecting the ones he cares about.

Quote:
And another was for her to 'summon' Protector via teleportation. The perfect tag team.
The ability to relocate an avatar on the playing field is a great Yellow indirect combat ability. You can move a Blue ally closer to a Red enemy, move a Blue enemy away from you or an ally, move an ally closer to you...

Sand Duct sort of employs this. His Sand Blaster attack (when used against anyone besides Aqua Current) probably blasts someone off their feet and far away. His Molecular Driver sucks opponents closer.

His hover-skating ability also allows him to more easily close distance against Reds or create distance from Blues.

(His large size is probably also misleading; I'd bet he's not as strong or armored as he appears, but he LOOKS intimidating until you know better.)

I'm not sure how an avatar could be better than Duct at moving other people around, considering how limited he was at it.

Quote:
The thing is, I myself don't believe duel avatars can be so highly specific as to complement only a single avatar. Even an avatar like Lime Bell, her dream was to rewind time of Haru and Taku but she can use it on anyone.
Yeah.

Two avatars can be specialized in such a way that their strengths cover for each other's weaknesses, but each avatar MUST be designed to fight alone.

That's why they're called DUEL avatars. Essentially, everything must begin from (and come down to) a duel.