View Single Post
Old 2010-09-15, 01:24   Link #1075
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Is Mike Singletary making them the negative factor or it just the whole team? I believe Singletary may have done something wrong. They were good in the pre-season but why bad right now?
It could have been the hype, it could be a number of things. But this has been going on for a while now. The same stuff happened when the 49ers were coached by Mike Nolan and Jimmy Raye wasn't the offensive coordinator and Alex Smith was out due to injuries. It really didn't matter who was playing. The same ish happened. The 49ers would build momentum, and then when a team got a lead, or something happened the 49ers just break down and their heart disappears. It's like a curse seriously. Really how the hell do you fix that? Other factors that are causing us to screw up:

- Mike Singletary as head coach. I really don't think this man is the guy for the job. I'm not really on board with the whole "rah rah" thing...and I hate how the press gives him the benefit of the doubt because he's a Hall of Fame linebacker. There has been only one great player that has ever been a great NFL head coach, and that is Don Shula. Some may say Mike Ditka, but I personally didn't think he was a great head coach. In any case, Singletary's best experience is as a position coach. He doesn't know X's and O's. He got the job in San Francisco by default after winning a few meaningless games at the end of 2008. Sucks because had we actually done the smart thing and interviewed people, we could have had Mike Shanahan, someone I really wanted.

- Jimmy Raye. This guy has to be the most predictable offensive coordinator of all time. That is what is screwing us up on O really. We led the league in 3rd and 8's last year, and it really screwed up Shaun Hill and Alex Smith and made things a lot harder. Raye would basically run up the gut the majority of the time. It was borderline ridiculous. I wish Alex Smith was actually the coordinator, at least he had some common sense. Raye's track record as offensive coordinator isn't even very good. I'm assuming he signed on board with Singletary because Singletary had this clear vision of running the ball the majority of the time...which is why a lot of offensive coordinators didn't want to work under him and it took us forever to find someone. Raye was probably the only one that would agree to Singletary's terms.

- Alex Smith. Unless he has a fantastic year, he will certainly be a bust. And it's looking that way already. Most people gave up on him years ago. Unfortunately he's the best we have right now. There really isn't anyone else. Singletary has no faith in David Carr (no surprise). Alex has had a problem of throwing way too high to his receivers and suffered the same psyche breakdown like the rest of the team. He started out fantastic completing passes and moving the chains. But when Seattle got a 7-6 lead, the entire team including him, crumbled. Alex is going to have to have a blockbuster year. Or his tenure with the 49ers is over for sure.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote