View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 17:39   Link #92
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Meh, the anime has never managed to keep me interested as in that I feel I must watch each new ep. as soon as possible; I even left a ~2 episodes out and didn't feel the "need" to watch them. The humor was only sometimes to my liking, but then not throughout a whole episode and let's not talk about the fanservice. Sure, it's nice watch here and there, but it was hardly a "big advantage" of the show for me(!). It's kinda a shame because Kodaka, Sena and Kobato were quite likeable and despite that I usually care more about character likeability than plot-power, the overall package just didn't suit to me. The whole friend-making club idea was actually a nice concept and I started to watch it without any pre-knowledge and/or expectations. Overall, I used Boku wa Tomodachi more as filler when I had nothing else to play or to watch.

As for "romance": I never felt that it was an plot-important part. Sure, there were bits throughout the course, but it appeared to have been overshadowed by the usual comedy & fanservice combination (which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing).
I just kind of find it depressing when you have a 12 episode anime, a one cour anime if you will, and it feels like it still runs out of fresh material, humour, and character development by the halfway mark. Feels like one day in the not too distant future we're going to end up seeing something like split half cours at this rate because 1 cours will be judged to difficult to write enough content for all at once.

Honestly I had the exact same problem. I managed to watch the first 5-6 episodes week to week absolutely no problem and found the series far more enjoyable than I was expecting and the cast actually pretty amusing and full of good chemistry, but then by the time I saw the preview for episode 8 I felt like it was back burner time. I just got up to this episode today by skipping the prior two much like yourself, watched 10 minutes or so and was like, "yep I'm done" and that was that. Probably would have been better to have just cut my losses back at episode 8 when it seemed like it had fulfilled the criteria for my getting bored with it, but eh....