View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 15:59   Link #49
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
One of the things I liked about ep 1 (yes, I know this is still quite "early in the game" and all) is that I felt it adapted the 4koma original format well. It's also interesting how different (and in my opinion better) the "overall feel" of the story comes across - in some ways it "fleshes out" the 4koma story and gives a reference point from which to further appreciate it.

When I first read the manga ch's I got an odd impression that actually reminded me of the wilder parts of Nichijou somehow. Now I liked Nichijou as a whole, but I have a personal preference for this kind of presentation - one that recalls a (to me) pleasing cross between Sketchbook Full color'S and Lucky Star.

I also liked the extremely low key pace and interaction between the charas that I found exceedingly funny, literally lol'ing at least 5 or 6 times to myself.

BTW Kakuryu - those animated avy's are great.

And Monir? Were you (or anyone else, for that matter) also was humming the "nekomimi mode-o" song to myself mid way through the ep?

I guess I like the quiet sense of humor that comes from this odd group of characters interacting with one another ... it feels kinda ... well, as strange as it may sound "normal" to me, and greatly reminds me of the interaction I used to have with my admittedly weird group of friends back in high school as well.