View Single Post
Old 2004-03-12, 18:46   Link #9
SimplyEd
Claytard

[QUOTE=Godslayer Guts]
Quote:
likely only be topped by the upcoming Berserk-game for PS2 [/quote ]

True . ( It's been a long since Gut's, Return )

I've been waiting for sqaure, to make a game like this for a long time. It looks pretty flashy, but I hav'nt heard any of the tunes from it yet. Allthrough square, has never let me down in that department. I like how it covers aerial and ground battles, gives a expanded feild to the player.
:OFF-TOPIC:
Hell yeah, Berserk is the most epic dark saga on this sorry little planet and there will never be anything that can hope to come even near its brilliance. And if the new game won't rock arse, then i don't know what ever will.
Sorry, just my daily Berserk worshipping lines^^

:ON-TOPIC:
Well, of course it is repetitive cause it is a hack&slay and while it seems that there aren't that many combos ( there are actually quite a lot if you consider the restrictions of each weapon type) it's just very fullfilling to be able to chain combo kill every virtual being in a stage in one big blowout...this sounds corny, but once you actually play it yourself you will see^^
Anyway, personally i would give it a 8.5 or 9 of 10 and seeing that most reviewers actually gave it quite good rates, i would say it's a success for Squares first slasher/aerial combat hybrid.
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote