View Single Post
Old 2010-03-21, 13:17   Link #6225
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I just decided to catch up on the Hayate manga after having it on hiatus for a few years, actually having left it right before the introduction of Athena. As of now I have cleared the end of the world arc(187ish), and I would like to offer up my own personal view having read the event back to back vs reading them over the course of a few years plus a bit of speculative opinion ill be using when viewing the current events descibed here.

First a little hhistory, Ive been using this thread to spoil myself since the end of the world arc, so eh.

Anyway, I have found that the events described here are never nearly as cut and dried as what is descibed here. For instance, the end of the world arc was not nearly as groundbreaking as I was lead to believe, although I do think it was a touching story in and of itself, however judging from the end of the arc and even with taking these events with a grain of salt the arc seems to have totally shifted the foundation of the story. Like I imagine one or two of you have previously stated, its like the author went on a wild tangent, and went in a completely new direction with his story right in the middle of it.

Its a complaint that goes beyond shipping wars. Athena is a good character in her own right, but I feel she completely deserved her own story instead of the authors attempt to cram EVERY STORY HE HAS EVER CAME UP WITH into one and then insering her so late in the manga in order to take the lead as the main love interest. If and when that is tranlated to anime, I dont think itll go over well with the audience either.

So Ill be suspending my disbelief for now when taking these events into account. As I catch up Ill post further opinion if anyone finds it interesting.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote