View Single Post
Old 2006-11-08, 12:07   Link #68
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The following is a Q&A PM Conversation.
Please do not reply as new info will be placed in the F.A.Q. page shortly, as stated by NightWish bellow.

The Questions I asked were :
  • What is the infraction system?
  • What does The BCC field do? The [BCC] field is located in the PM creation page bellow Recipients
Quote From PM (NightWish)
--------------------------------------------------------------
  • Each infraction is given a point value based on severity. Various currently undisclosed point levels will effect a ban automatically. The more points you have the longer the ban. Basically what we've been doing by hand up until the infraction system appeared. We've grouped them into Minor, Moderate and Major. We're planning an "Infraction" section for the "AnimeSuki FAQ" that we are in the process of writing, where this will be clarified. Bear with us.

• BCC is an email/memo term: it means "Blind Carbon Copy" (or Blind Courtesy Copy). The term "Carbon Copy" comes from the days when memos would be duplicated using carbon paper. The blind part means that the recipient list is not disclosed.

Previously you could address more than one person on a PM and each of the recipients would think they were the only person who got the message and that said message was directed at them. BCC replicates this functionality now that the "to" field is public (see the top of the PM for a list of who it was sent to). Again, this will be FAQ'd if it isn't already in the VB FAQ.

• I'll copy my reply to the "how to post" thread when I get a moment... feel free to post it for me.
~NightWish
AnimeSuki.com Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------
~ End Quote ~

Some Extra Info:
  • When you receive an infraction a RedCard-Button appears in the bottom-right corner in the post where you committed the crime. Like this :

You can click it to receive additional info :
    • How many points you were deducted ~ most likely when you receive enough points you are automatically awarded one of xris free 7 day vacations (a.k.a. ban)
    • When it expires ~ the time it takes for it to wear-off, in other words after it expires the points don't count anymore. The Minor Infraction expires in about 6 months.
    • Who it was from. (self-explanatory)

• When you receive an infraction a PM is generated. It has what appears to be a automatically generated message, telling you that you received an infraction etc. Depending on the case the Admin/Mod that gave you the infraction may offer you an explanation in the same PM.

• You will also notice that a new VBulletin Container similar to the one for Reputation has appeared in your CP. It looks something like this :

Spoiler for Image:

Last edited by felix; 2006-11-08 at 13:06. Reason: Added some Extra Info.. ^__^
felix is offline   Reply With Quote