View Single Post
Old 2007-08-18, 12:19   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Just a little FYI so that we're all clear: you understand that atheism is not the same thing as saying you believe in scientific laws or principles. Atheism is simply the disbelief of deities such as God or Zeus. How you choose to view the universe from that point is up to you. Quite simply, the term could be defined as a philosophy.
And I would like to point out that your second paragraph is effectively off-topic to the purpose of this thread. Please remember that the topic is if you are religious or not (and stating you are an atheist would therefore be considered on-topic I believe).

I think your post (or at least the second half of it) would be better suited in a thread such as Creationism / Intelligent design which seems to be discussing the topics you raise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I am just curious what are some of the Animesuki's member's religion are. I think there was a topic like this but I am not too sure and I can't find one. I am a Buddhist and I am not that serious, I do go to temple sometime but ever since our family moved we can't go there anymore.
It might be a good time to remind posters of some of the general etiquette for posting here at AnimeSuki
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their comments.
    Please remember: Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a different viewpoint from yours. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
If you can't follow this simple rule then please don't post.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote