View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 21:22   Link #281
Sol Falling

:P geeze...I really don't know where you're getting all of this. Lelouch has been shown to be quite self-sacrificing, this much is true. However, there has been no indication, and furthermore I think you'd be hard pressed to find anybody else who agreed with you, that all of Lelouch's actions are done 'for the sake of others'. You guys are claiming that Lelouch is the ultimate altruist here, which is just ridiculous if you look at his actions and motivations with any perspective. Isn't what's attractive about Lelouch his 'human' qualities? Aren't you glad that he's not a 'Jesus Yamato'? Why are you putting him up on a pedestal now?

I don't know, there's so many problems with the plausibility in your arguments there that I don't really feel like going through all of them. I'll just point out that your talk about Lelouch 'extracting' himself from Nunally's life was just a temporary measure. His plan to have Suzaku keep Nunally company while he was off doing stuff with the Black Knights was just to lessen her pain while he was gone, not a permanent solution. As such, he was most certainly not planning to 'watch over her from afar' during that time, so that's not an example of Lelouch giving something up at all.

Bah.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote