View Single Post
Old 2010-02-09, 08:55   Link #273
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I doubt they're going to have any kind of official contradiction of the Lone Island Syndrome episodes like that. Fans do weird things when you interfere with internal history. More likely the Disappearance reference is either vague enough that it could be at a different time than LIS, or is structured in such a way that it and the anime events in LIS both happened. It'd be brilliant, for instance, if it was stated that the drunkenness as noted in the novel LIS did occur during the events of the anime LIS adaptation, but Kyon was too drunk to remember (and thus relate) them... ^_^

Besides, there's anime "canon" and manga "canon", but the only "real" canon has ever been the novel canon.
Your last sentence is the absolute truth. If not for the novel, the manga nor the anime/movie would be created. The anime and manga have to be adapted from the novels (and of course pass through standards and practices, which is why the scene was cut and Mikuru getting spiked by an absolute weak amount of alcohol). The only thing that can be considered anime "canon" is "Someday in the Rain", but even that has been adapted into novel "canon" in The Sneaker. I agree that the reference will be adapted to make sense, afterall the anime could be rationalized to have skipped animating that day (I need to review the episode to make 100% sure this is logical).

On one more note, this is absolute nitpicking, but the novel starts on December 16th with the Christmas party with an extra day between it and the world changing while the movie has the party on the 17th. Not really enough to make a difference, but just explaining the difference for later.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT