View Single Post
Old 2011-11-18, 01:55   Link #2380
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Wow. They reached a new level of awfulness for me in this episode.

Really, I don't want to take this show that seriously but it constantly tries to make it look all serious.

I mean how in the world do they expect me to look at that scene with Gai seriously when he somehow survives something like an atomic bomb going off in his vicinity and then precedes to have a sentimental scene with somebody when we barely know anything about Gai other than him possibly being more rigged than the Suzaku spin kick (Did he seriously defeat a mecha by himself???).

I want to embrace the over the topness, but the setting and the characterization make it impossible.

I was seriously loling at Daryl Van going into bulging eye mode this episode. I don't know what to even say anymore .

I did have to stop myself and ask half way into this episode though what the hell is this plot even about. Like I didn't understand why they broke into that facility. I'm guessing they wanted to destroy that satellite? What the hell where they trying to do in that room?

Oh and now apparently Shu can shoot giant beams into the sky that destroy things in outer space. Is there anything they can do that can top that then? Because if I know Yoshino as a writer, the answer is definitely yes . I'm kinda scared of the prospect...

This post is all over the place, I know, but this episode is even more all over the place just like Shu's character who I can't tell at all how he is moving in this plot other than the fact that he keeps bouncing from side to side letting the plot guide his actions as a character rather than any known characterization.

I dunno. To top it off, Inori once again used her sex appeal to make Shu get a hard on for her and get over his strange angst (I don't get what the guy is even complaining about anymore, if I even did in the first place) in some sort of scene with Gai. She did her title as a SFSD (super flying sex doll) proud this episode, especially with the two guns and shooting people.

Here's my arbitrary metric for the episode: 3/10. Terrible. I don't if I can even stomach this anymore, despite wanting to see how much of a disaster this show will turn away. Something so terrible to me that I just can't pull my eyes away from its grotesqueness. Yeah, so bad its good? I dunno. Maybe if I didn't have expectations for it in the first place...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote