View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 23:54   Link #1
GundamFan0083

General Gun Control DISCUSSION Thread

Because moderator CrowKenobi requested we start a new thread about the effect of the shooting in Colorado on gun control, I am starting this thread.
We don't need to clutter the gun-thread with this discussion since that thread is used mostly by gun-enthusiasts and might degenerate into a flame war.

Continued from the Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Shooting (July 20, 2012) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
^ I am not asking for guns to be banned all together.
Oh yes you are, you fibber..

Quote:
What people are asking for is for guns that can fire many bullets at a time, have little downtime, or that can cause wide spread damage with one shoot to be taken off the shelves. Also the ability to buy many weapons at once is a cause for concern. Those weapons are overkill for self defense and hunting purposes. All these reason listed above is why we have mass killings and while it is certain that these proposed regulations won't absolutely stop all tragedies they will absolutely save lives by making it harder for ill individuals to carry on with their evil deeds.
You mean guns like this one?

Because the founding fathers were too stupid to foresee multishot snaplock revolvers of the 1400s being improved as science advanced.
That one is an 8-shot .63 caliber by the way.

Or maybe you were thinking of the Puckle gun of the 1600s that had a 64 shot drum magazine.

See Sugetsu, the fact is Handgun Control, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Shumer, all the hoplophobes have one thing in common, they don't know the real history and/or truth about firearms and they don't care.
They have an agenda of disarmament and they're sticking to it no matter how much they have to lie to do so.

Quote:
So please I ask you and kyp275, why do you oppose such regulations to take place? Is it because you are just fond of weapons and love to collect them all?
Uh...let see...because they don't work, and never have.

I think Aristotle said it best: "Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."