Thread: Licensed Katanagatari
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-11, 10:39   Link #2233
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Wow, that blew me away.

Strangely enough, I don't feel sad at all. I was already preparing myself in case Shichika would die too as I expected in this situation, and as long as he went out with a blast like that I wouldn't have minded. I was actually quite surprised he was still alive at the end, because I heard the ending would be heartrending.
The stuff with Hitei-hime works, even considering the sudden turn in personality, surprisingly well or at least it didn't bother me. Though I wish they might have expanded the whole thing slightly as it was over from one moment to the next.

In the end this series proved to be quite the surprise and got better with each episode. My only real complaint (aside from the ending. I'm simply a sucker for super happy endings, as unrealistic as it might have been) was the left out fight with Sabi. Out of all of them he was the one I was looking forward to the most.

And with this I set Katanagatari from "Watching" to "Completed", may another show fill the void it left as fast as possible.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote