View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 14:44   Link #521
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
The notion locked into place BECAUSE most of the blank rep ones were ruder than average posters, otherwise I doubt people would have that issue. When I first came here many years ago, I didn't know what the hell that black box meant at first. But the rule worked, that's why people use it. You'll obviously start unprejudiced but I've seen my share of retards with disabled rep to not bother much with them. If I read something that's ridiculous and the person has disabled rep, I know not to bother with them. The opposite goes (excluding mods and admins) for the high rep members, you know you're at least talking to decent people.

Normally, you don't use negrep for simply disagreeing, but I'm not sure how the system ended up being used by most. I can say though that the more recent negreps I got were, in hindsight, more justified than not, so I take it the system was working as intended.
I get your point, but as I'm wondering before what about those who's saying a good and quality post but disabled their rep? Do you think they not worth bothering aswell? And I also have a share of the retards, it's just that I don't really care at all, and because of that I keep posting anyway even if the retards hate me and keeps giving me bad reps. What I'm trying to say is that people don't really need to rely on rep system that much, use your own judgement to judge if other users are worthy or not instead of just simply seeing their rep amount(don't judge the book by it's cover).