View Single Post
Old 2008-04-24, 21:53   Link #13
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I still think they jumped the gun by revealing that Zero was a vampire at the end of episode 1. The ending of this episode became more an inevitability than anything else, and it was just a case of going-through-the-motions until it reached this point. So we're here now, the question is, what's next. I think that'll be much more interesting than what's gone before.

The romantic tension is what separates this from just another vampire mystery, IMO. It's actually somewhat more interesting than "romantic tension" as well, because the fact that both the guys are vampires raises this question about whether they're attracted the Yuuki because of genuine love, or because of their vampiristic urges. It's a similar kind of idea to the one in Rosario + Vampire, only this will deal with it in a serious non-comedic fashion (thankfully).

Jury's still out on this one for me. I like some of its ideas, but there are stages where its execution could be much better (the horror/action sequence in this ep for example... lacked a bit of tension, IMO).