View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 07:48   Link #198
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That's exactly what I figured would happen -- he would make a statement, and then people would assume he's being pressured into lying. The fact that he at admitted that he didn't know beforehand lends to the credibility of the statement in my view.

Given the amount of people who are purportedly involved with this, I tend to believe that the primary lapse in judgement was in not letting him in on the joke. I tend to believe that a lot of the people involved would have assumed that he knew, since this was part of the official PR campaign. If he had just have been told about it in the first place, none of this mess would have happened. I am supposing this is just someone's idea of "making it more realistic", without really thinking through how it could be taken.

Anyway, I think the damage has been done now. We'll see if the Internet lets it rest with this.
Sorry I don't buy it based on things that were said before they were caught.

There were some nasty comments said about Ichiki

" It was a big impact, I didn't think seeing the moment a person crumbles would be so beautiful".

And I believe there was also a comment about how some people will do anything to work in the anime industry even though they will never get a main part.

This apology very much seems like they are just trying to save face and don't actually care what they did.

As for Ichiki being forced to say what he did I am not sure. I can see he might be embarrassed by the whole situation and wants it over with, but his responses and so forth before this whole thing blew up also don't seem like "he wasn't upset". Sugita Tomokazu also didn't seem to think it was just some "silly prank".

And yes I understand that pranks are common (although in general I am not a big fan) but this prank got someone's hope up that they had a job and then publicly humiliated him. I don't think the reaction to this incident is over blown at all.

I think unfortunately how some fans are handling it (bringing in people who are not even involved) is quite awful but I am glad that in general fans are saying "we don't like this this type of prank and it shouldn't be tolerated".