Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 19:01   Link #1400
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I know the brits where known for their steely resolve during the war but come on !?

I dunno its highest gun (the 75mm vickers) seems incredible underpowered in that while it does penetrate often it does next to no damage when it does unless your taking on light scouts (which seems to be its main purpose) but that seems like a rare occurrence when the match maker more often than not pits you against an onslaught of medium and heavies.

It doesn't even feel particularly maneuverer at speed either at the minute but I'm guessing that'll improve somewhat after I train up the crew.
Get your crew levels up. The Cromwell is one of the best vehicles when it comes to manoeuvring ability. It reaches in excess of 60kph and is well balanced, the gun is great for up to Tier 6 and punishes even Tier 8 heavies in the side and back. The ability to keep speed while ducking around cover and turning (scouts for example bleed a lot of speed when turning) is great for getting into a "carousel" (or circle of death)

On a match just now in Abbey, I managed to pop out behind a T29 and nearly kill him, if a Hummel didn't come and spoil the fun. The great thing is the HP pool for a medium tank, at 750hp with a high rate of fire, I can survive a stray heavy hit and continue pounding away! EDIT: Actually, I lied, I just noticed my crew is ~69% on my first skill ..