View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 20:41   Link #34
marvelB

Personally, I still think it's a little premature to say that DR1 Vita will flop once it's released overseas, but whatever. I'll drop that matter for now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
On another note, Zetsubou project translation was some sort of mixed bag to me: at times, they really sound like localizing company and changed the meaning of too many things.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about the Zetsubou translation. Though IMO my take on it is that they're trying a little TOO hard to differentiate themselves from Oren's LP translation at Something Awful (because, let's face it; Oren's thread was a HUGE part of the reason why this series grew such a large fanbase outside of Japan in the first place). I mean hell, I still can't get over their "One Percenter" title that they had for Mondo in the demo (which got changed in the final release, but still).

And this is just a personal nitpick of mine.... but I still feel that "Super High-school Level" has a better ring to it than "Super Duper". I dunno, it just feels...... right to me, somehow. Apparently NISA is going with "Ultimate" as far as the student's titles go, and while I do actually like that choice as well, I still really feel that Oren nailed it the first time around.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote