View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 14:56   Link #49
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
No, I'm absolutely not bashing a show because it revolves around baseball. I am certainly, however, a critic of shows that expect a theme to make up for what is otherwise a poor show.
There are at least three other series (Major, H2, Touch), that revolve around baseball, and a similar theme, and still present high-quality and highly-enjoyable stories.

Also, since you are from Entropy, you should have checked the way your group promotes this show: "Voted the number one baseball manga of all time! It also won the Tezuka Cultural Award in May 2006 for showing new possibilities of expression in baseball manga.". Still, if you think, it should be automatically assumed as a poor show because of its theme, and you start with such expectations, then I still don't get, why you even try to watch the show. And, even if you continue to watch, normally, people with negative opinions, need to watch more episodes than us to give more accurate decision on the show, rather than basing it on a single episode.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote