View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 15:12   Link #50
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
There are at least three other series (Major, H2, Touch), that revolve around baseball, and a similar theme, and still present high-quality and highly-enjoyable stories.

Also, since you are from Entropy, you should have checked the way your group promotes this show: "Voted the number one baseball manga of all time! It also won the Tezuka Cultural Award in May 2006 for showing new possibilities of expression in baseball manga.". Still, if you think, it should be automatically assumed as a poor show because of its theme, and you start with such expectations, then I still don't get, why you even try to watch the show. And, even if you continue to watch, normally, people with negative opinions, need to watch more episodes than us to give more accurate decision on the show, rather than basing it on a single episode.
I never said that I dislike it because of its theme, and I already clarified that in response to your previous post. You're correct in that there have been shows with similar themes and good stories, and I've enjoyed some of them. My problem is not with the theme, but with shows that have nothing much to offer aside from the theme itself.

You're absolutely right that it can't be judged on one episode alone. Which is, as I clarified in response to your previous post, all my "negative opinions" are speculation based on my impression of the first episode, and I'm waiting to see more. While the first episode didn't impress me, I'm not going to see more of it before I praise or critique it as a whole.

I don't mind critcism of what I have to say (although I appreciate it more when it's polite). I do mind, however, if you criticize what you think I said instead of what I actually said.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote