View Single Post
Old 2014-02-09, 07:21   Link #331
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Enju doesn't know she's dying,I don't know anything beyond vol 4 though.Going to read vol 5 soon.Reports like these are only available to the Promoter.
That kind of make sense, since it's seems that it's the promoter's job to ensure physical, mental, and emotional health for their Initiators they care of. Normally, most promoters usually treat their initiators as just their own partners and don't really bond with them. Rentaro is different, since he not only see Enju as an Initiator, but treats her like a little sister to him (think of it like a "big brother instinct"). Apparently, this is basically a Tear Jerker since Rentaro treats Enju like a part of his family, yet he wanted Enju to live a happy life in her remaining time left as a human. Because of this, he kinda withheld some crucial information about Enju's health status and the cruel fate of most cursed children and instead put the emotional burden and angst on himself. In fact, IIRC, the fifth and sixth volume suppose to deconstruct dedication to other people's happiness which involves sacrificing his own.

Spoiler for From volume one ending:

To be fair, I don't think the author is cruel enough to kill off Enju yet. I think he would prefer hurting the main/core characters emotionally and mentally fover flatout killing them while he just kills off other characters. By hurting the characters mentally and emotionally, it kind creates a lot of tear jerkers and drama (which is something the LN author wants) or at least piss off the fans.

I think the worst the author can do to Enju is break her emotionally and mentally to the point that she'll be broekn completely with a much darker change in her personality.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote