View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 06:27   Link #1
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Fate/ Series Music Discussion

For those of you who have listened to the original game opening and this remake, what are your thoughts?

I felt that the remake was very well done. The vocals are appealing and the instrumentation is really rich and harmonious compared to the minimalistic game opening. However, I think the game opening gives more of an action-oriented feeling, while the anime opening uses a different interpretation of harmonic progression than what I was imagining for the game opening, and thus leads me in a slightly different direction. For example, the part building up to the chorus is upbeat in the original game opening, but in the anime opening, it seems to be more resolvant-sounding. However, since I haven't played the game, I can't really form any opinions on a comparison between the two in terms of story development and pacing and what is emphasized and what is not.

I don't know if "disillusion" is a pun on the pronunciation of "THIS ILLUSION" but the name is rather clever and does seem to hint at the different atmosphere I felt from the new opening song.

[MOD Edit]: Please use this thread to also discuss the music from the Fate/Zero anime.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-17 at 22:10.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote