View Single Post
Old 2004-06-15, 08:15   Link #26
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
And btw, you could beat D2 with lots of misspent points prior to 1.10, so what your friend did was trying to make an uber-char (most likely for dueling but not for the main game itself)
Oh he was, I beat d2 a couple times and put it on a shelf where it's sat to this day. He was only interested in making an uber character (dunno if he dueled or not). I just didn't like the idea that seemed to form around the game of the "one right way" to level a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Well, Garnet is better than Dagger I guess.
Lol, I don't think I've met anybody yet that let her rename herself to Dagger when they played that game. How lazy can you get to just look around and name yourself after a random object....

RPG maker tends to lead to a swarm of clone games where it's hard to distinguish yourself from the pack. Designing your own engine/game will definetly be harder but probably worth it in the long run.

Music sample sounds really nice and seems very reminiscient of FFVI which is always good.

Hero of Ages sounds pretty good (or if you want to go all out uber-cliche Hero of Legend ) Only criticism about the title I could think of is that anybody who just sees the title, and never bothers to read up on the game, is going to think single character because of the use of the singular hero and probably mistake the game for a hack and slash.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote