View Single Post
Old 2003-11-12, 18:09   Link #34
metachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by starduck
What are you tryign to do? boosting your ego because you aren't satisfied about the result of your version? Of course people get defensive when they get their work bashed by some random dude who's sad because his version isn't as good. You don't see me leeching your version with the only goal of finding mistakes so I can diss your group for doing the show and ruining the creator's work. And I've never blamed you for our mistakes. Why would I? I don't try to blame other people when I can't get something done 100% correctly.

Sure, you're doing Tsukihime. Sure, you think you're doing the best job. We all do. Otherwise, we wouldn't be doing it. Now, yes, you have the right to point out translation mistakes and other things... But why bother? A good translator doesn't have to bash somebody else's work to prove that he/she's the best. You're desesperate to get people to leech your version, I can tell.

"If you ask me, I think it's "rude" to throw something out on the net and expect it to be treated like an immaculate, unquestionable piece of divine work, when it has problems." So you ARE saying that you're perfect, right? GG ...
I specifically abstained from saying who I was to avoid weak retorts such as this. Why does it matter who I am or what I do? Does that change the objectivity of the point I'm making? Not once did I try to promote another group through the posts in this thread. Tell me where I did if you think I did. The fact that you *assume* that is my objective is just appalling. That assumption implies that *your* goal is to "get results" -- a rather juvenile motivation to fansub.

If anyone has an ego issue, it's the fansubbers that can't accept their own mistakes. They also seem to have a persecution complex that everyone is out to get them.

I never claimed perfection, nor expect it out of anyone. But the discovered issues are artifacts of 1) lack of research and 2) lack of basic linguistic skills. If you can offer a defensible argument as to why they should be there, I will "go die" as you have politely asked.

If people discover issues in our version, they are more than welcome to post in our forums. In fact, we have a section dedicated just for that. Please feel free to leave critiques--yes, you too, starduck.