View Single Post
Old 2007-11-21, 05:56   Link #363
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I mean c'mon, they sleep in the same bed, BUT ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF IT!!! If anything, the should be doing one of two things:

1: Share the middle of the bed
2: Share one side of the bed

Because that was a bummer.

Although yes the smiles and such was cute, I really wondered why the hell they developed the bond between Nanoha and Fate so much during Nanoha and A's, and yet when StrikerS came along, their relationship was shafted, along with the notion of character development for all of them.
I think many will disagree with your idea that advancement in the homosexual direction is a good idea.

Quote:
near mindless automaton
?? Please clarify so I can decide whether to agree with you on this.

Quote:
Erio and Caro I felt got shafted the most. Considering as kids what they go through, you'd think they'd have major, MAJOR, issues with the battles they go through. Even during the first mission, there should have been some sort of shock to them, considering kids their age aren't even on the bloody battlefield. They should be in a state in which their minds are probably going on about their first combat, how they could've done better, what they shouldn't have done, etc. etc.
Definitely agree, but to mark on that area, you'd have to put zero on probably every magical-girl production (I'm including the H-game parodies where at least they actually lose and suffer for it from time to time - they tend to recover in about one night even from the rapes...), all anime where kids fight in general, and in fact probably most military anime. Simulation of the various stresses (and their consequences) of combat, from freezing to PTSD just does not happen in anime (at least AFAIK).

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot Neon Genesis Evangelion. It did happen to some extent there with Shinji...

Even Son Gohan freezing in fear (simulation of one aspect) during his first fight with the Saiyajin is an extremely rare event - you'd notice his younger brother doesn't hold that weakness...

Quote:
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SENDS OUT CHILDREN!!! REGARDLESS OF WHO OR WHAT THEY ARE!!!
In that case, you'd have to diss the entire universe, along with many other MG and Super-Robot anime. This is a universe where children ostensibly gain enough knowledge to be mages or even officers at ridiculously young ages. It'd explain why the tactics suck so much but it really ain't a StrikerS only problem.

Quote:
Seriously, one of the 2ICs (2nd In Commands) should have dropped down with those two and at the very least keep an eye on them, letting them do their thing. Seriously, what commander in their right mind (stupid on Nanoha's and Fate's part) would send out rookies on their own?!!! If the commanders can't do the job, THAT'S WHAT 2ICs ARE FOR!!!!
The 2ICs weren't anywhere on the battlefield. I forgot where they were as of Ep5. Don't ask me what happened to teleportation - the only person that used it roughly right (or even used it period) this season was Lutecia.

Quote:
Here's something that really bothered me...WHY THE HELL ONLY TWO CHARACTERS DIED!!!! I mean seriously, only Regius and Zest died in this series! Bloodshed was kept on a down low until those two died.
Who else did you want dead?

Quote:
And another thing, WHY WAS IT ONLY JAIL WHO WAS THE ENEMY?!!! In real life, there would've been a shitload of other problems Unit 06 should have been handling, such as smugglers, poachers, regular thieves, other wanted criminals, and all the other joyous stuff any force would have to deal with.

I mean c'mon, there was only one major disaster prior to the grand attack by Jail, and even then, that was 4 YEARS AGO anime time.
There are a crapload of other units, from regular GF to the other 5 mobile divisions attacking such problems.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-11-25 at 20:08.