View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 10:51   Link #412
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Apparently according to further data mining, it's not that Classic is unfair, it's that Easy and Normal are rigged in favor of the player. Classic is apparently the default setting of the game with no modifiers, while Normal gives the player invisible bonus hit chances for the player. Easy even gives players a bonus to Aim should teammates die.

Also, I don't believe in the +40 claim of modifiers, since with the minimum of Aim that all units have (around 60-65), that should amount to enemies with 100% chance to hit and critical. Yet many times I've seen enemies on Classic and Impossible miss shots that should otherwise have killed me even when flanking or in cover (my most memorable moment being when 6 Thin Men - one of the most accurate units ingame - all missed my guy behind low cover on the same turn, and two Mutons flanking him missed too). Even my men don't miss that often if they have a 95% or above chance to hit, and only enemies with innate Defense like Muton Elites or Ethereals can reduce a 100% chance to hit to something manageable.
So what do you do with your assault gets close and he's now close to 6-7 aliens?

I tried that and it spawned more enemies.

Even when I tried baiting them by the time the aliens got to me none of my guys could even score a hit.

I mean seriously. I felt so handicapped by the armour.

What's even annoying is that even with a 99% hit and my guy is next to them the Elite Muton/Heavy floater STILL dodges the shot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote