View Single Post
Old 2006-04-11, 22:58   Link #45
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Oh, and SlayerX, how can you find Lacus unbelievable when you have people like Durandall pulling the exact same shenanigans? The guy just seems to come out of nowhere and suddenly, the world's around his fingers...and he nearly TAKES OVER THE FRICKING WORLD. All for a 32 year old guy who before this was nothing but a geneticist? You call THAT believable? What about a 16 year old upstart rookie ace becoming good enough over the course of a few months to take down the Freedom? Even within the context of Gundam SEED, that's not the easiest stuff to believe (when we clearly SAW how bad he was in the beginning--that is, having trouble with a few grunts).
Now, now, who said Lacus was the only thing i found unbelievable?
There's a lot of crap that doesn't feel believable at all in GSD... I find piloting in particular is one of the most unbelievable things in GSD... Seriously, grunts with twice the ade and experience get shot down like nothing against a brat fresh from training... Hell, looking back to GS, i think Kira should have been shot down by the zaft aces within first 10 eps... The unbelievablity of GSD is part of why the series is so bad

In mobile suit gundam, i found Amuro's rise from teenage civilian to newtype Ace pilot to be mostly believable... Kira on the other hand is a lot harder to chew
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote