View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 22:05   Link #177
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
@Yoake: One word. Dracula. He's in the novels from what I've seen. (I have yet to gather info on his allignment and etc... but I'd guess that he's on the antagonists' side)
You can read about him on the wiki. Let's just say that he's already made an appearance in the anime.

Quote:
@WG: In now way is this Twilight. It's not just because there's a relationship between a chick and vampire that it turns into that show. Besides, I've never watched it, and cannot judge anything in it for myself.

There is no Dracula nor Alucard vampires in here (except for the Novel one). My vampire in question is descendant from an alternate vampire line. Dracula has a set of peculiar powers in HNA, I was thinking of explaining his "un-vampiric" abilities as his "evolution". The Bathonet bloodline is still stuck with most basic traits of the generic Vampire.

Besides, my vamp is nothing like Edward Cullen (from what I could understand of his character). Edward, from the looks of it, is calm, silent and not really your society guy.

Kyousuke's calm and gentlemanly, but he also loves socializing and can be eccentric at times when it comes to woman. Also, his vampiric issues are more of a type that is similar to Erika Sendo's in Fortune Arterial (rejects vampirism, conflicted with her own kin)

Note as well that he is far from being an OP char as he is heavily handicapped by his bloodthirst. He hasn't drunk any "good" blood since five years. For now, he's basically a human with some boosted reflexes (sub-par to Kinji's Hysteria Mode, but has the advantage of being on everytime). His full vampiric powers can awaken when he drinks blood from someone, and that, he doesn't want to do it at all. Power Limiter, yes.

Also, concerning badass normals... I appreciate them very much, but I've never been skilled at doing them correctly, so they're not a common production of mine. Perhaps when my imagination and pen skills expand a bit more, will I finally be able to correctly mold a badass normal.

But anyways... the third character of my team's coming in.
Also, I'm going to do some fixing about my agent's division, as well as some history modification so that they're not ALL in SSR... (at least, they might have SSR as a common elective, but their main specialty will be different)
My point is that the sole vampire that's shown up in the series is working for the bad guys and is essentially a boss character. It does not mean that the floodgates are open to start churning out gobs of supernatural characters.

As for making badass normals - how hard can it be? Take a normal person (with normal being relative, admittedly) and put them into this situation. Mike Lowery and Marcus Burnett. Jonas Blaine, Mack Gerhardt, Charles Grey, Bob Brown. Jack O'Neil and SG-1. John Mclane.

Mad Jack Churchill.

Lachiman Gurung.

Bishnu Shresta.

John Basilone.

Mitchell Paige.

Alvin York.

Randy Shugart and Gary Gordon.

SEAL Team Six. Delta Force. MARSOC.

Carlos Hathcock.

Dick Winters.

Ronald Speirs.

Salvatore Giunta.

Those are but a few Badass Normals who actually existed in the real world. It's not too hard to make one, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You know, the beauty of character creation is to do and create whatever you want. Zero limitations. Let them have that fun.
Suitability. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

At all times when creating characters, one must ask one's self, "Does this charecter fit the spirit of the series that I am working on?"

Also, you got nationality wrong. Nationality refers to what nation you belong to, where your origin is. Ethnicity is the racial mix. Thus as an example, Jon Davis is of Malaysian nationality and British-Indian-Chinese ethnicity.

I believe in miracles.