View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 10:34   Link #17
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I'm not here to recommend anything (any idea I could come up with was already given by someone else) but I still want to warn you about something. Make sure they don't take stories like Naruto too seriously. It's easy to influence children the wrong way and Naruto is known for doing that. It has transformed people in insecure, suffocating friends or friendship-worshiping I can't let go of the past persons. I'm not saying friendship is bad, just the way it's portrayed in Naruto is not healthy. And Naruto is not the only one, but it's the only one I can think of right now...
I have nothing to worry about. He knows shows are just that, shows. Whenever he hears somebody complaining about something in every show he has watched, he would just say, "Oh, that's how the director wanted it!"

About female protagonists... well, to be honest, I used to have a hard time believing that girls can be just as competent as the guys when it comes to combat. But as I grew older and have seen more and more females doing jobs usually reserved for males, I slowly came into the realization that yes, women can be just as good as the guys at pretty much anything. As a result, I have come to admire female protagonists for that exact same reason.

I am reminded of some troll telling people, "You're gay because a woman can do <insert usually male activity here> better than you!"
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote