Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-12, 20:06   Link #2094
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's ok, I am not saying the review is unbiased; just saying the anime has lots of elements that as good as they are in theory or inside your mind, as actual storytelling it is very bad. And I am not going to be gentle about it.

And seriously, there is no character development, outside of two-three people. Let's not confuse exposure with development. There was zero difference in being human or Shiki.

In fact, Shiki suck (pun) if they can't even stand sun light and can only feed on human blood. What kind of a plan having a whole village of them would accomplsh? Feeling sympathy for one another? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE CHARACTER WISE.

And why are werewolves the servants of Shiki if they are far more powerful and can move during day? They should be the masters. They are like master vampires with so much plus.

And why was that human serving the Shiki if he wanted to be one yet couldn't? And why did he shot dead his own werewolf sevant who wanted to help him? And what did the village doctor want to accomplish that was so surprising to him in the end? OF COURSE AND THE VILLAGE WAS DESTROEYD YOU IDIOT, WHAT ELSE WOULD HAVE HAPPEND?

The story is full of plot holes and nonesense and if you care about that, of course and it feels bad when critisizing it. But if you don't care about storytelling but "good in theory only" stories and "cool / dramatic characters" on paper, then yes it is very good.

In other news, Interview with a Vampire is as I said a great example of what Shiki failed to have. Exposure - development - reasoning - action - good pacing
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote