View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 20:06   Link #27
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Indeed, and it would probably be at least a little off-putting for most people to walk into a room completely covered in posters and filled with paraphernalia of any singular topic. It signifies a certain obsessiveness that few people can identify with. And if the images and items happen to all be of something they're not even familiar with (or might have misconceptions about), then all the more-so.
Right. Most people are put off by the image of obsessiveness moreso than they are of any one particular interest/entertainment form. A couple anime posters next to a couple sports posters probably won't cause your average person to even bat an eyelash (unless the anime posters are extreme furry hentai or something like that ). But if your room is a veritable shrine to any one particular thing (even if that thing is sports, as mainstream as it is), it'll get people raising eyebrows.

Quote:
I realize your comment is tongue in cheek, but I have to wonder; would people react like that to moderate "furry" features such as the ones Holo possess if they hadn't seen anything like it before? I'm too "inside the bubble" at this point to really tell.
Good point. I actually think someone totally ignorant of anime would assume the Holo poster to be just a nice piece of artwork. Honestly, it's one of the safer pieces of anime artwork you could go with as a bedroom poster, imo.